It is usually an increase in blood sugar after a meal because many foods contain of glucose. More sugar or carbohydrate content of food is high blood sugar to rise. Some foods, such as refined carbohydrates, which for sudden and slowly rise in blood sugar.
Others, such as those high in fiber, increase due to more gradual. The best way for an individual, blood sugar after a meal, to the test to determine the exact amount is to use a portable blood glucose. Which is a small device that uses thin strips with a blood sample to determine blood sugar level.
- Carbohydrates Classifications
- Determination of Carbohydrate by Anthrone Method
- Multiple Choice Question – MCQ on Carbohydrates
They are most commonly used by diabetics to control blood sugar levels, to ensure that they are not too high or too low, but many people can benefit from obedience to clock on blood sugar levels throughout the day.
What happens to Blood Sugar after a Meal?
People with diabetes have low blood sugar levels after a meal, or high, depending on the type.
- Type 1 diabetes is a disease in which the pancreas cannot make enough insulin to break down glucose in the blood enzyme. This is usually a condition that was born with one, and it is not caused by eating too much sugar.
- Type-2 diabetes cause blood sugar remains high because the body produces too much insulin, and ultimately lasting effects. Both types can be through proper nutrition and exercise, and sometimes insulin injections are administered.
Normally, blood glucose levels after a meal should not exceed 100 mg / dL when tested two hours after a meal. Should show levels above pre-diabetes or diabetes, doctors reported for further testing.
Levels should also not be less than 70 mg / dL. 2 hours after meal blood sugar levels on a consistent basis may be lower or higher than normal to test for abnormally high sugar content foods approval or lack of acceptance. For this reason, diabetes is often diagnosed after a series of tests rather than reading.
Anyone who is concerned about their blood sugar levels to their physician. Both forms of diabetes can be treated. Type 2 diabetes can often be prevented, and even to invest with some dietary changes.
Sugar in the blood normally varies throughout the day and usually at the lowest level since the morning before breakfast.